Below is a list of rules of Keijo.
- Usually six players will race together (there are exceptions).
- Players are only allowed to attack their opponents with hips and chests (however using hands and legs to their own bodies are acceptable).
- Falling from the land, or falling down to the land are counted as a loss.
- Players are not allowed to touch the land with anything besides their feet. Touching the land with their hands are considered as a fall.
- Illegal maneuvers, for instance, using other limbs like hands and legs to attack the opponents, will end with a ban. A professional player will be banned for a half year in official match after 2 incidents.
- The match rankings are decided on sinking other players.
- The last person standing on the land is the winner.
- The time limit is 5 minutes (there are exceptions).
There are slighty differences with the rules for team matches.
- Teamed up each others and usually fight in 4 vs 4.
- There are no match rankings.
- The team who loses all of their players first is the loser.
- If a match ends before reaching the time limit, the remaining players will be ranked by points. Based on how many opponents they have sunk.
- Illegal maneuvers will end with the team responsibility. As such, the team will lose the entire match.